Explanation

This video project was intense. This was by far one of the toughest assignments I have ever done. There was a large time commitment outside of class that was really crucial to the success of this project and it also required a lot of planning. It pretty much encompassed everything we have learned thus far in WAM. It was also one of the most fun projects I have gotten a chance to be part of. There were a lot of various dynamics that went into the creation of this documentary. I think partnering up with another person made it more interesting as well.
Emma and I found it very easy to bond. I think that helped in discussion of ideas. We easily brainstormed a topic. I think it had a lot to do with the time of the year it was. We both had an idea to film a place that not many people were familiar with. It was the week of Halloween, so we thought it would be cool to film the places that were considered haunted. After doing research, we figured that there are only a couple of haunted places on campus, so we decided to do places that were unusual and scary. So, we started filming random locations that we thought would be cool. We met up at night so we would have consistent filming. I have to say the overall filming sessions were fun. It was exciting to just film anything and everything. We had a lot of fun just going to places that we had never been to. It was fun going exploring at night and actually being scared while filming. I remember one time we were at the main stacks and we were filming and we suddenly heard a random bell and the lights went off. It was really scary. We quickly got back to the main floor to realize that it was just a warning to let people know that there are 30 minute left in until the main stacks closed. We habitually got scared while filming. One time, we saw some random person walking around in the tunnels of the chemistry annex. We didn’t expect it , so we were very scared when we saw him. It was pretty funny because at times, we didn’t want to be separated to film certain things because we were afraid something would happen.
As for the filming, working together created a clash of interests that actually helped make the documentary better. For every time I couldn’t think of what to do, Emma had a really good idea and vise versa. It was just easy to bounce ideas off each other and it really helped because we were on the same page. We really did want to make this very spooky in a sense and we both agreed with the music easily. Emma had very good music and I was very open to the music we had. I would have to say I am very happy with how everything worked out. If I could change anything, I would cut some of the longer walk thrus we had and try and get a stabilizer of some sort for some of the action shots. I feel like it was a little too shaky although it did add to the overall eeriness.

Comments

Popular Posts